Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jac's word of the week and Recipe of the month!

Alright ladies, my word of this week is "Gloaming" which means twilight or dusk. Sentence: "During sunset the gloaming sky was much like the deep-purple shade of Jac's finger after an unknown incident at the Bayou."

My recipe for January is a Quinoa Loaf (it's in the oven right now...it looks AWEESOME...we'll see how it tastes!) So here's the recipe from the Binghamton Co-op Cookbook:
-3 c. cooked Quinoa (1 c. grain + 2 c. water- bowl then reduce heat, cover and cook until water is absorbed)
-3 tbsp olive oil
-1 c. chopped onions
-1 tbsp chopped garlic
-1 1/2 c. finely chopped carrots (I used the food processor to save time)
-1/3 c. miso
-2 1/4 tsp dried thyme
-1/2 c. chopped walnuts
-1/4 c. dried sunflower seeds
-1/4 c. whole wheat flour
-1/4 c. unbleached white flour ( I only had whole wheat flour so I just did 1/2 c. of that instead of 1/4 c. of each)

Preheat oven to 350. In a medium size skillet, heat the oil and saute the onions and garlic for 3-5 min or until the onions are translucent. Add the carrots and simmer for 3 min. Stir in miso and thyme. Remove from heat. In a blender or food processor, grind the walnuts and seeds into a medium pulp. 

In a large bowl combine the cooked quinoa, carrot mixture, ground nuts, both flours and mix together well. Pat the mixture into an oiled 9-inch loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. Cool before slicing. 

ALSO- I have been reading my book "Animal Vegetable Miracle" AND I put $10 in my jar on Sunday. BAM! 

No comments:

Post a Comment